Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DllNotFoundExceptions

So the plugins in my project got messed up somehow...
They are in the Plugin folder within the Asset folder, and show up in the Project Window in the Unity Editor, yet upon running the project, these errors pop up, and I have no idea why.

I tried checking out a previous revision into a different folder, but I get the same errors.  I also tried to move some of the .dlls to the unity/editor folder, but that didn't help either... No issues like this ever occurred before.

I'm basically stuck at this point, any suggestions?

Update:
3/2/2012

Thanks Joe! Adding the directory to PATH fixed the DLL issues!  There were a few other errors after that, but I just needed to re-link a few scripts and game objects.  Things should be back on track now.

2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to swtich versions of Unity, we recently upgraded the lab (between December and last week) which might have switched Unity versions on you?

    Did you "Path" change? DLLs usually need to be in the path for Unity to be happy sometimes.

    Is it the kincet DLL, another group might have also changed that around for their game and upgraded to a new version as well...
    that might be something to check if the versions are the same or conflicting somehow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately this is happening on my computer. I needed Unity Pro for a class anyway, and just SVN'd my code onto my laptop, and everything has been working fine for a few months.

      I did install a new Kinect SDK, but I uninstalled it and re-installed the old SDK, but I still get this error with Unity. Maybe the path did get changed when that happened... I will look into it.

      Delete